System Speaker sounds an alarm, but have no idea why

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marcg

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a system speaker sounding an alarm that sounds like an English police siren? I have no idea why it is doing this and have never ran into it before. There is nothing that pops up saying any alert about anything, it just starts sounding like a siren out of the blue. Even in the middle of boot up when its still doin the ram count, the siren is blaring away. Thanx for any help on this.

marcg

Howdy there marcg...

It sounds like the mother board has hardware monitoring, and the BIOS is sending an alarm for either...

1) The CPU temp is too high...

2) One of the fans are operating below standard RPM settings...

I had the identical experience. After several days of troubleshooting, it turned out to be the hard disk making the noise, not the main board.

I replaced the hard disk and all was well after that.

You can check it for yourslef. Disconnect the multimedia speakers and the internal system speaker that connects directly to the main board. I'll bet the sound will remain.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online