1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system-specific GUI problems on tons of programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by imperialjunkyard, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperialjunkyard

imperialjunkyard Thread Starter

Hi, I'm having problems with various programs that I've had work on other computers fine. The UI gets crowded to the point where I cannot click on what I need to, or type what I need to, and in some cases I have to use another program entirely. This has happened to over 10 programs that I recall, and the 'severity' of the bugginess runs from this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    which isn't bad, mainly cut off unclickable words and boxes, to this:
    [​IMG]
    which is completely and literally unusable (I also need to get this particular one working soon, so if there's a quick fix it would be really appreciated). I see a lot more of the second type, I can provide more examples if asked.
    I enclosed the dxdiag in hopes that that might help. The one and only thing I might see that would cause this is I have a custom theme, but I've disabled it with no results.

Attached Files:

2. jdean

jdean

What's the display DPI? Check out the value in
    Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > General

If the value is not "Normal size (96 DPI)", then switch to that value, reboot, and see if the problem disappears.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice