1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System thinks CTRL key is pressed when it isn't #2

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by krillerill, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krillerill

krillerill Thread Starter

Hi
    i became a member just to say thanks to an old thread, turn out its closed so ill just start a new thread
    (old: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1025229-system-thinks-ctrl-key-pressed.html )

First off i'd like to say thanks!

pressing both CTRL then both shift then both Alt/altGr solved the problem.

second i just want to add that this problem now surface on desktops.
    im using G400 mouse(mx518) on usb and qpad mk-55 pro keyboard(ps/2)

i would not be surprised if it has something to do with failed RAM access or similar
    this problem arise after 3 weeks of just putting the computer into "sleep-mode" similar to what laptops do when you close the lid, i do not think putting it to sleep cause it, more enables the ctrl-feature to fail

Ctrl is my walk button in FPS games, and is being spammed daily.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What do you mean by spamming your ctrl button? I have only heard of spam email.

Have you tried changing to another keyboard ?

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I get that a lot and it's some kind of keystroke that will make it look like CTRL is pushed... I had something like that for Final Fantasy :\

4. krillerill

krillerill Thread Starter

yeah spam, as something that occurs frequently almost an automatic behavior, perheps "hammering" would suit better in this instance.

haven't tried another keyboard, only happend once and the other thread solved it. And also the game that caused this was counter-strike 1.6(almost 13? years old game) bound to have some issues with new systems, kinda like dos/win32 games did not work on windows xp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice