1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Tray Clock

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fdonohue, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fdonohue

fdonohue Thread Starter

My brand new Dell computer has the wrong time in the system tray. I have checked to make sure that I am in the correct time zone, (pacific time), but it is two hours off. Can I fix this myself or do I have to call Dell? Thank you:mad:

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Hello and Welcome!
    Have you tried setting the clock in BIOS?
    Then re-set it on the task bar, double check the time zone again and set it to syncronize automactially.

3. fdonohue

fdonohue Thread Starter

Our their risks in resetting the BIOS? This is a new computer and I would hate to invalidate my warranty?

4. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

There aren't any risks in only resetting the clock in BIOS, but if you aren't familiar with navigating there then yes, it might be best to call Dell Tech support to avoid anything happening that might void your warranty. Has the time always been wrong or is this a new thing?

5. fdonohue

fdonohue Thread Starter

Alwasys has been wrong. I am not on the phone with Dell. Well see how that goes. Thanks so much for answering me. This is a great site. Have a great day!

6. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Another suggestion that 'may' help... Go back to adjust time/date.. switch the time zone to a different one.. set the clock.. click apply and ok... then repeat those steps by changing back to the correct time zone and time for you.. I've had that work on occasion.. worth a shot.. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice