System tray icon problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

loudjp

I recently purchased an inexpensive (cheap) 5 button optical mouse. The problem I'm having is that in order for the 4th and 5th buttons to work the software it came with has to be running and it puts an icon in the system tray. I have gone through the program and there is no option to remove the system tray icon.

Is there a way to stop it from showing up in the system tray completely? I know how to hide the icon but then you get the little button for the hidden icons which I don't care for.

Miz

Have you looked in Control Panel>Mouse? There might be a checkbox there that controls whether the icon is displayed in the System Tray.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online