System upgrade

Gopiram

Hi guys. I have ecs H61h2-mv-Dvi motherboard. Intel pentium g2010 processor. And 4gb ram. Shall I upgrade my pc with 8 gb ram or should I upgrade the processor for good speed? Please advice.

Personally, it would be a waste of time to upgrade any hardware on that setup due to the age of it. You would be better served going with a new build.....specifically CPU/Mobo/RAM. Then just use your old case, HDD/SSD, CD/DVD drive and so on.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
ECS EliteGroup H61H2-MV-DVI (support site)

There's an old motherboard which supports 2nd and 3rd Intel processors.

Yours has an Ivy Bridge 3rd generation Intel processor, so the amount of DDR3 RAM can be increased to 8 GB(4 GB x 2) or 16 GB(8 GB x 2).

Because it has a weak processor, installing more than 8 GB of RAM would not improve speed and would be a waste of money.

Capture.JPG

THIS is the supported list of Intel Core i3 or i5 or i7 processors you can upgrade to.

BEFORE you do that, you would need to update the BIOS to version 11/27/2013.

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a 2600-2600k-3700-3700k (4c/8t) and they can be had cheap now If you upgrade to a K version you can't overclock on that motherboard but it won't matter you will get higher boost clocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online