System Voltage Low

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Valentine1

When I boot my computer up I get a message that says, "Systems voltage is low". Then it tells me if I want to continue, press F1. The system then operates fine but what's the problem and what's the fix? Why do we get this message? We are using Windows XP.

Could you tell us the pc brand or components or both, especially age and power supply wattage as well.

Valentine1

The brand is a Dell -8300; we bought it in 2000; power supply (voltage) is 115 and the battery is 3 volts.

Does your error message say "System voltage low" or "System battery voltage is low" either way the cheapest first step would be changing the 3 volt battery.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
If you don't have a computer shop nearby, many pharmacies carry CR2032 batteries. :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That sounds more like a P/S issue. Let's move you over to hardware, this isn't likely to be a software issue. :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If it's noticing that the system voltage is low, you probably have an option in the BIOS to see the voltage monitor. Try downloading SpeedFan, it will allow you to check the power supply voltages.

Valentine1

We got a battery and couldn't believe that it wasn't a huge expense. A new battery did the trick. Seemed like an obvious thing but we've never had that message before on any of our computers over the years. Thanks!

Valentine1

John thank you for helping out. I really got off track with a bunch of junk. A new, real reasonable priced battery did the trick. I DO appreciate you guys staying on top of things!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online