1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System won't boot with Nvidia Riva TNT2 64 8Mb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JL_COG, Mar 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JL_COG

JL_COG Thread Starter

i can't even bet a boot with a nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 w/8mb ram on a MainBoard TXpro-II or a knock-off replica thereof. funny thing is: the card workes fine in another comp with a diff mobo (this one, a spearfish with a xeon 450 pentium 2) and to add to insult, a couple of old junk video cards WILL work in the TX-proII. i also have an Aopen socket 7 mobo i could use for this system but the exact same story applies: the junk video cards work in it but not the tnt2 card which i just bought. by junk video cards i mean they have bad memory chips on them and they have garbage mixed in the on-screen display which makes them kind of useless except for getting a system to boot at all. if it matters they both have S3virge chips on them. running win98 fully updated with ie 5.5 also fully updated. have the latest nvidia drivers avail but of course haven't gotten that far. i did, however remove all the old drivers from device manager and found no nVidia references in the registry to delete at all. any clues would be highly appreciated. thanx, JL

2. Chum

Chum

When does your system bang...what message? If it's Windows protection error, you probably need to assign an IRQ to VGA in bios. I had this same problem...see Replacing Video card...steps?" in this forum.

3. JL_COG

JL_COG Thread Starter

it never even boots with the card in...searching for bios flash now :(

4. Chum

Chum

Nothing at post? Can you hear drive? Any beeps?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/39936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice