System32

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yamraj17

Whenever I turnon my computer, and login, a folder named 'SYSTEM32' pops up. It doesnot cause any problems and goes away when I shut it, but it is still annoying. What is the problem and how do I solve it?

Download the attached file

Open it and Save it

Click File | Save as

Change Save as Type to All Files

Save as Fixsystem32.vbs

Save it to My Documents

Now open My Documents

Double click Fixsystem32.vbs to run it

Restart your computer

Attachments

the System32 folder shows on the desktop, there may be an invalid entry in the Registry

Start Regedit
Go to both:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Double check that the values do not have incorrect, incomplete, or blank entries

yamraj17

Bob & Puta, thanks very much, guys. But before I do anything, will the fact that I have 3 user logins on my XP make it necessary for me to run the program on each login? All 3 have system administrator capabilities and I'm using the Home edition of XP.

I thought the problem was with the SYSTEM32 folder opening up each time.

If you delete just the invalid entries in the Run sections, it will leave everything else.

yamraj17

Heey Bob & Puta!
I tried both your options. Doesnt work man. When I did the 'FIXSYSTEM32' option, the program gaveme a 'FINISHED' message sayin itcouldnt fix the problem.
The when I tried to use the 'REGEDIT' option, I found that the reg entries were different in the two places. There was no symmetry.
What do I do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online