systemboard device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bgbrightsc

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. AT FIRST BOOT,I RECEIVE THE MESSAGE SYSTEMBOARD DEVICE RESOURSE CONFLICT- THEN
(f1) for setuo (esc) to boot (f2) error. i have tried all i know.thanks guys

Styxx

Banned
Please don't type in capitals, it's considfered 'shouting'.

Please state your Operating System and version (e.g., Win98 FE or SE), your amount of System RAM, you computer brand and age of the computer. Have you tested the BIOS' button battery?

The OS may be corrupted. Are you multi-booting?

Attachments

bgbrightsc

Thank you so much,i never chat so i was not aware of the capital letter deal.I am gratefull for any help I can get. this is an old packerd bell machine i just replaced sound card and modem.Os 98se, 32 ram, just upgraded from win.95. i have no way of testing batteries, that I know of.The machine works fine the message to boot is a little annoying. I would like to know how I may resolve this. And thank you again for your reply.

Styxx

Banned
You test that mainboard BIOS button battery by unplugging the power to the unit opening the case, grounding yourself by touching the frame or power supply and holding your feet still, carefully removing the battery by pressing the clip and taking the battery to Wal-Mart or another store that sells button batteries for watches and alarm clocks, the battery seller usually tests then not you although I have a tester I got from Radio Shack for $5. I still have Wal-mart test the batteries before I replace them.

Usually if a computer is over 2-3 years old it's a good idea to test replace that BIOS button battery.

32 Mb RAM is awfully small amount but will pass. It's kind of hard to find memory for a older machine sometimes. 128 Mb RAM is minimum

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online