Solved Systme Recovery Disk...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryh10000

My HP i7 desktop pc has a recovery partition but when I reboot my computer an HP Program by CyberLink (which was installed on the computer when I got it new) opens and always asks me to create a recovery disk. I have had the computer for about 3 years, never had even one minor problem (I know, it's not if but when), so anyway I went ahead a created a system recovery disc.

Because the computer is older, what are the odds that the recovery disc I made would even work?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact model name and model number of that HP desktop?
What's the exact part/product number(P/N) on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

larryh10000

What's the exact model name and model number of that HP desktop?
What's the exact part/product number(P/N) on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name: HP Pavilion HPE
Model: h8-1360t
Product number: B4J27AV#ABA

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You have a HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t CTO(Custom-To-Order) Desktop PC which was introduced in July 2011 in the U.S.A..
Here is its product specifications and configurable options.

You can purchase the factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it from here.
The one that you created may be okay, but I would still buy one from HP - just to be sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------

larryh10000

You have a HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t CTO(Custom-To-Order) Desktop PC which was introduced in July 2011 in the U.S.A..
Here is its product specifications and configurable options.

You can purchase the factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it from here.
The one that you created may be okay, but I would still buy one from HP - just to be sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks a lot! Is there any difference in the final outcome of using the recovery partition program that this computer has and using the HP recovery disks that you suggested in your response? Don't they both ultimately restore the computer to factory settings? I guess the only difference would probably be is if the computer couldn't boot far enough to get to the recovery partition to run the recovery.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm somewhat sure that once your desktop allows you to create a factory restore disc kit, it doesn't allow you to create one a second time.
And there's no way of knowing if the one that you created is intact until and if you need to use it.
It's just nice to have a second one when and if you need it.

I haven't created or used a factory restore disc kit in about 15 years.
I prefer to use a Windows disc and do a clean install instead of having all the useless programs and bloatware that come as part of a factory restore disc kit.

-------------------------------------------------------------

larryh10000

I'm somewhat sure that once your desktop allows you to create a factory restore disc kit, it doesn't allow you to create one a second time.
And there's no way of knowing if the one that you created is intact until and if you need to use it.
It's just nice to have a second one when and if you need it.

I haven't created or used a factory restore disc kit in about 15 years.
I prefer to use a Windows disc and do a clean install instead of having all the useless programs and bloatware that come as part of a factory restore disc kit.

Yes your right about the computer only allowing you to create one system restore disk - It told me that before I created it. It's only $25.00 so I think I'm going to go ahead and order it. Great advise and thanks again.

Hope you and yours are having a great holiday and Happy New Year to you as well!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome, and happy holiday to you too. :)

larryh10000

You're welcome, and happy holiday to you too. :)

Hate to ask you for more help :notworthy: but really don't know how to look for some of this stuff. I have a second HP i5 computer that I want to order a set of the original HP recovery disks. Was wondering if you would be so kind as to look this one up for me as well.

Model Name: HP Pavilion
Model# p7-1287c
Product# QW779AA#ABA

I promise not to bother you again this year hehe. :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We don't normally deal with 2 different computers in the same thread because it's time-consuming and confusing, but since you're only inquiring about a factory restore/system recovery disc kit for them, we can make an exception.

HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC
It was introduced in December 2011 in the U.S.A. and Canada and came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.
You can purchase the factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it from here or here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

larryh10000

We don't normally deal with 2 different computers in the same thread because it's time-consuming and confusing, but since you're only inquiring about a factory restore/system recovery disc kit for them, we can make an exception.

HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC
It was introduced in December 2011 in the U.S.A. and Canada and came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.
You can purchase the factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it from here or here.

Oops :oops:, sorry I really didn't realize that - thanks for going the extra mile - will keep that in mind in the future. Thanks again.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
No problem, and you're welcome. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online