1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

T and L ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarqueMist, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarqueMist

DarqueMist Thread Starter

I've been noticing the system requirements for some games requires a T and L capable graphics card. I know about openGL and 3D but what is T and L and how can I find out if my card supports it? I have a radeon VE DDR 64meg if anyone knows anything about them.

2. xXTiKiXx

xXTiKiXx

When you try and connect does it say YOU need T and L ? Because your Radeon card should be able to support it..

3. DarqueMist

I don't know, I haven't actually bought a game requiring it because I wasn't sure if my card supported it not knowing what it is. However, I do know my adapter has trouble with openGL (and yes I know it should support it but I'm having driver issues with the radeon / WinXp combo i have in my comp)

4. RT

RT

Hi

T & L is Tranformation and Lighting, I don't know alot about it, but my impression is that it's a special effects engine that adds realism to the 3D environment.

Unfortunately T&L was not included in the Radeon VE. That doesn't necessarily mean you can't play games that use T&L (I think), you just won't get the visual effects intended by the designers.

5. DarqueMist

Thank you, I knew I was on the back edge of graphics technology with the Radeon VE thats why I've been hesitant to buy any games listing T&L in their requirements. But until I can afford better it's what I'm stuck with. If I find one I want to play enough I may try renting to see what happens.

6. RT

RT

DM
    You're welcome for the bad news;)

I know what you mean, a video card can be one of the most smack-your-head-pounding, wallet-squeezing, timing-oriented decisions...
    you know, just like buying a whole new computer :D

You can never hope to be on top all the time and get good sleep, too, - things just change too fast (unless you are independently wealthy).

But there is generally a decent card floating around that has been recently replaced with the next (expensive) generation that can still hold up for some time.
    Depending on your budget, up to and slightly less than $100 ($60-$80) will get you going (at least for the next 6 months or so
    ;) )

The adage "You get what you pay for" remains true, the trick is to get the most bang for the buck. I don't wish to give the idea that you have to spend a lot, just do a bit of research, and check
    Pricewatch, and then, my friend, you won't have the TIME to play games!:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice