Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

T1 for Internet connection

897 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  scottosan 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I've inherited a LAN with about 20 users. The current setup is configured so that my T1 line plugs directly into one of the ports on my switch - therefore, my whole network is accesable to the web all the time with NO FIREWALL.
I want to setup a router to be between the switch and the T1 line. Any ideas on what to use??

#2 ·
Are you sure you have a "T1" to be directly plugged into a switch. If you have a true T1, it comes into a D-mark/smartjack. You then MUST connect the smartjack to a CSU, then CSU to a router of some sort. Can you give us a bit more info. Frame relay? full, or fractional T1, etc? Many poeple use the term "T1" very loosely and sometimes tend to abuse the term.

#4 ·
Originally posted by 57chevy:
Hi Everyone,
I've inherited a LAN with about 20 users. The current setup is configured so that my T1 line plugs directly into one of the ports on my switch - therefore, my whole network is accesable to the web all the time with NO FIREWALL.
I want to setup a router to be between the switch and the T1 line. Any ideas on what to use??
I sent you an email.:) Whats your IP address range and Gateway address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.