Solved Tab S6 Icons

alwrmc

B.L.
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (64gb) tablet about three weeks ago to replace an aging tablet with a damaged SD card slot.
It seems to be working fine but....
The Play Store icon that you click on to open the app keeps having small red circle with a number inside. Those usually indicate, for example, that you might have that number of messages waiting, or that number of emails waiting etc. The icon apparently has no updates waiting so I'm not sure why it has that notification that does not go away.

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
Best advice, go into notifications and turn off the ones you don't want to see numbers at.
Setting then Notifications. Run through the list. I have most of mine turned off.

I'm guessing the playstore one might be notifying you of new apps. I don't have it turned on, on my 3 devices and haven't had a problem.

alwrmc

B.L.
I'd rather keep them (the ones I use or might use) on the desktop but turning them/it off is an option I may elect to choose. Thanks.

plodr

Liz
You don't have to remove the apps you want from the desktop. Just turn off notifications so you don't have to see the numbers or badges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online