1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tabbing between pages in a form in Access 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by krs1716, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krs1716

krs1716 Thread Starter

I am in the process of creating a database for work. The database will be used my people who have used access before, but they have never used a form in a database (everthing operated off of several tables).

Currently, I am using a form to input the data into the tables. My form has five pages that include various subforms. However, in order to tab from one subform to the next or one page to the next, I have to use the Ctrl + Tab function. I would prefer, for the sake of the users, to be able to just use the Tab button to move from subform to subform and page to page. Is there a way to program that into the database?

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

As far as I know there is no "On Tab" event, so you can't use VBA to that.

3. krs1716

krs1716 Thread Starter

Is there a reason why the information would be erased from sight when the tab is pressed after the last field on a page? This is happening in my database. The good news...if I close the form and re-open it, the information is still there.

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

It sounds like you are "Tabbing" to somewhere that has no data.
    Have you looked at the Form's "Cycle" property, you can prevent it moving from the current record by setting it to Current Record.

5. krs1716

krs1716 Thread Starter

The cycle property is set to Current Record. It's only when I tab after the last field on a particular page in the form.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044489