1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tablet Category

Discussion in 'Site Help & Feedback' started by DoubleHelix, Nov 28, 2011.

1. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned Thread Starter

Dec 9, 2004
    Perhaps it's time Tech Support Guy should consider a separate category for tablets. I've seen threads in Other, Hardware, Phones, etc. With the new crop of tablets from Barnes & Noble and Amazon, I think it makes sense.
  2. valis

valis Moderator

Sep 24, 2004
    seconded and carried.
  3. TechGuy

TechGuy Mike Administrator

Feb 12, 1999
    There has been some talk among the Moderators of reworking a few of the forums, including better separation among mobile devices. Perhaps a Mobile category with separate forums for iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft phones, etc?

Changing forums around has always been a touchy subject and overwhelming new users with too many options is a danger, but I think the mobile area is growing enough to make it a requirement in this case.

Now I'm really opening a can of worms... ;)
  4. valis

valis Moderator

Sep 24, 2004

I'm actually getting an Android shortly (before the end of the year, still working to see if work will spring for part of it). I plan on getting the Evo 4g, as I believe it has several VPN apps that I am looking to test out and see how secure they are. BUT....I am not a 'phone' kind of guy. I like the computers, and to a lesser extent, the lappers. I guess I like crawling under the hood, and it's a pain with the lappers, and will be even more so with the phones, but as I'm significantly behind the curve now, I think I should probably begin to try catching up.

In short, a mobile category with sub-forums for tablet and smart phones, IMO, should be enough.

I don't see any reason to delineate between OS's yet on the mobile things......maybe in a few years, see if this wave crests or not.
  5. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Nov 16, 1999
    I to would like to see something of this, as I have submitted to Santa that I would like to have a Kindle Fire, and I saw that a Amazon package arrive shortly after the shipping date of it [evilgrin]
  6. prunejuice

Apr 2, 2002
    A perfect solution. If that's possible with this board's software.

Hope you folks can do it.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028847