1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tablet PC not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gurutech, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

I got my hands on a used (kinda old) tablet PC (Fujitsu C-500) that I was able to put WinXP on. It has side keys on it, like a number pad and other things like volume control, and brightness. These work fine, but I can't get the tablet to recognize that I am using the touchscreen itself, even though the other side keys are attached via the touchscreen. It didn't come with a stylus, and I have found a website online to purchase a replacement stylus, but they only sell them in a pack of 5.

First of all, will purchasing a new stylus enable me to use the touchpad itself? And second, is there a generic driver for XP that would allow me to use the stylus or other pointing device (such as a finger) as a "mouse"?

2. Scorpion

Scorpion

I always thought Tablet Pc's required an O/S specifically built for them...like Windows Tablet O/S.

Either way, the touch screen will need the correct drivers, especially to enable all the features. I'd go to Fujitsu's web portal to look up the drivers.

Scorp.

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

4. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

Jedi, yes, this is the C-500. I tried downloading the drivers from their website, and they even said the 1.4 pen drivers "might" work with XP, but they couldn't tell me for sure. I think I may have to dump Win2K on this thing.

5. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

That might be what you have to do...

Don't really have much experience with those, so I couldn't tell you if it would work or not...

6. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

trying to dig up my CD with Win2K on it.... At least the tablet has a Win2K ID# on it...

7. maxcarnage

maxcarnage

I just upgraded a Stylistic LT C-500 from Windows 2000 to XP and have been struggling with the same problem with the pen drivers as everyone else in this thread. I even called Fujitsu and offered to buy the drivers if they were available and the tech had no clue. Then i stumbled on a thread re: upgrading the 3400 to xp and found this link:
    http://www.thesprocket.net/3400setup.zip

If you follow the instructions in the readme in step 11 for the Digitizer it works like a champ. However, you have to force the first driver update as well as the second, which isn't mentioned in the instructions. Hope this helps anyone out there trying to run XP on a C-500.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/527728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice