1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tablet ROOT issue, no Bluetooth or WiFi .. cannot hot spot

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by SallyA, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SallyA

SallyA Thread Starter

I would like to take my tablet off my account and just teather it through my phone when I need to use it (often).

However, it seems my issue is a Root trojan, and funds for repair are lacking . . => Moved, in car, no job, etc, yet.

I save $20 a month if I can manage this . . . I would even consider using a connect cable .. ??? . .

Phone is a 2015 DROID MAXX 24.21.7 Obake_maxx_ verizon

Tablet is Samsung Note Pro 12.2 . . . Hardware P905V .05 KERNEL 3.4.0

There is something about "enforcing" . . . I presume that is why it is locked off WiFi and Bluetooth . . .
    But I would like to save mysel $140 over the next 6 months ... until I am working & settled ... so I wonder if I can hot spot it to my phone and use my too spendy unlimited data plan ???

It usually tethers through Bluetooth. . . So asking about a wire solution.
    TIA . . SallyA

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why do you think you have a root trojan? What have you tried to make it work so far and what happened?

To tether the tablet to your phone or any other wireless device you just need to connect the tablet via wireless, no cables required and the same as if you were connecting the tablet to any other type of wireless. Does the tablet work with your home wireless or any wireless such as a cafe or a neighbor's house with wireless? On your phone you would need to enable the wireless hot spot option first, does your cell hone or carrier allow the use of the hotspot feature on your phone, I've heard some lock it out.

4. SallyA

SallyA Thread Starter

WiFi and Bluetooth are not functioning, as I explained, I thought maybe it was some kind of control to keep the malware off the servers . . . But it might just be the hacker?

A cable, then, and yes, the phone hot spots very micely.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What malware or hacker? Why do think you have an issue with either one? How do you know the wireless is functioning? Does it connect to other wireless networks?

6. SallyA

SallyA Thread Starter

Provider data works.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There's not enough information or steps being followed for me to keep posting advice.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice