Tabs popping up on Internet Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manganime

Hi,

I've been using my Interent explorer with my popup blocker on for ages and it has been blocking all pop ups until now.

Its not any old ordinary pop ups which are usually in a new window, these pop ups jus sorta pop up outta no where on a new tab in the explorer window currently open.

Now I don't know what's causing this, my popup blocker is still on and I havent changed anything, I have even ran ad-aware and a virus scanner but haven't solved the problem yet.

Anybody knw what could be causing this?

Thanx in advance

Probably some scumbag has worked out how to circumvent Internet Explorer pop-up blocker?

jbemp

Banned
I agree with Orumph! Time to get Spybot S&D sounds like you have spyware! Get spybot installed and updated. Turn off system restore, Reboot in safe mode, scan the system for spyware and viruses. Clean any you find, reboot and then turn system restore back on.

manganime

Thx, I got Spybot S&D, ran it and idnt find much and the problem still hasn't bin solved yet.

For some reason I was unable to remove all of the infected files, saying that I needed admin rights or something even though I am the administrator.

jbemp

Banned
Did you run in safe mode? Also you might need to right click the exe and click run as admin but I am running with out any issues!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online