1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Taking Picture of jewerly with c-50 zoom

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by KrzyDawg, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KrzyDawg

KrzyDawg Thread Starter

Hello, I have a C-50 zoom digitial camera. I have tried for 2 days using different natural lighting and inside lighting and can't seem to take a good picture of silver jewerly with diamonds in it. I have tried every setting on the camera, If anyone could give me a tip or two it would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Somewhere on this site someone has thrown the same issue out, the problem is I don't know exactly where or which thread or forum it is in or how long ago it was. I hope for your sake that the poster or responder will see this thread and give you a heads up. You could also try the search option to see if you can locate it.

3. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy and welcome

Without expensive studio equipment it's kind of an experiment as you go...A quick google search ... Jewelry Photography ... turns up plenty of sites with general suggestion that may help...

post a picture with some info about the settings/lighting that were used and maybe you will get some good feedback here

There is another thread about this more recent than the one Cheeseball posted but I hav'nt found it yet

buck

5. Cheeseball81

If your camera has macro mode, that's always a good first step. That would allow a nice, clear shot.

The trickiest part is the right lighting/white balance.

Light is most usually reflective off a shiny surface when it comes from directly behind you, shining on the object from the same direction your lens is pointing.

You may need two light sources hitting the object at 45 degree angles. The background could be black felt, or something else that will take away stray light and won't leave hot spots.

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
  7. Cheeseball81

Thanks. That was the only one I could find. I'm sure Buck has a better way to access old threads.

8. buck52

buck52 Banned

9. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice