1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

talk about odd

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by valis, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

ceiling lights to transmit internet data

Mike, I'll see your spying printer and raise you one bank of data-transmitting light bulbs. :)

2. paisanol69

paisanol69

now that gives a whole new meaning to

Turn out the lights..
    the party's over..

LOL

3. valis

ba dump bump BISH...........

seriously, though, it could be a great thing.........I'm curious at what hertz it runs at, as that could effect people who are susceptible to that type of input......plus, I'm also curious to see how smart they are.......can they actually lead you somewhere?

4. paisanol69

paisanol69

hmmm, I wonder what a effect a standard home version of a "tv/stereo/dvd/vcr remote" control " might have in the office workplace.

Since it's going to be a connection based on lightwaves...does this mean that whenever a female digs out her compact to check her make-up, before heading into the bosses office :)D) she might knock out, or crash everyone's internet connection in the employees common area as she strolls under the lights admiring herself in the mirror?(n)(n)

and if/when he develops the changing colors thing (for example, for exit during emergencies) do you think that will also cause the screen on your desktop/laptop to flash a warning, alerting you to the emergency??

questions...questions...what will this wonderful age of high tech bring to us next??

5. valis

from what I gather, it's going to be all LED's that will flicker beyond human comprehension.........now, compacts have mirrors, so I dunno what those will do to them..........but great question......:)

6. catlover2

catlover2

And may I ask what advantage this really has over Wifi and similar wireless signals?

7. valis

it will operate on a shorter distance parameter, freeing up the building wireless.

8. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Interesting information. That why my light flickers :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice