talk about odd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

valis

ceiling lights to transmit internet data

Flickering ceiling lights are usually a nuisance, but in city offices in St. Cloud, they will actually be a pathway to the Internet.

The lights will transmit data to specially equipped computers on desks below by flickering faster than the eye can see. Ultimately, the technique could ease wireless congestion by opening up new expressways for short-range communications.
Mike, I'll see your spying printer and raise you one bank of data-transmitting light bulbs. :)

valis

ba dump bump BISH...........

seriously, though, it could be a great thing.........I'm curious at what hertz it runs at, as that could effect people who are susceptible to that type of input......plus, I'm also curious to see how smart they are.......can they actually lead you somewhere?

hmmm, I wonder what a effect a standard home version of a "tv/stereo/dvd/vcr remote" control " might have in the office workplace.

Since it's going to be a connection based on lightwaves...does this mean that whenever a female digs out her compact to check her make-up, before heading into the bosses office :)D) she might knock out, or crash everyone's internet connection in the employees common area as she strolls under the lights admiring herself in the mirror?(n)(n)

and if/when he develops the changing colors thing (for example, for exit during emergencies) do you think that will also cause the screen on your desktop/laptop to flash a warning, alerting you to the emergency??

questions...questions...what will this wonderful age of high tech bring to us next??

valis

from what I gather, it's going to be all LED's that will flicker beyond human comprehension.........now, compacts have mirrors, so I dunno what those will do to them..........but great question......:)

And may I ask what advantage this really has over Wifi and similar wireless signals?

valis

And may I ask what advantage this really has over Wifi and similar wireless signals?
it will operate on a shorter distance parameter, freeing up the building wireless.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online