Talk Talk connection speeds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jonbob4444

OK so awhile ago my Pipex account swapped to talk talk since then I was getting disconnect anywhere from every 5 minutes to an hour. I solved this problem buy swapping from a Speedtouch 330 to a netgear N300 DNG2200.

now my connection is perfectly stable I haven't had a disconnect since I swapped which has been a very long time. However since the change my down speed has gone from somewhere around 250kb/s to 120kb/s (so says steam). I think this has something to do with the 330 using G DMT rather then ADSL, but tbh I don't really know. so is there anyway I can reclaim my lost speed I know the line is capable off? with going back to the frustration of repeated disconnects (i had to restart computer on every disconnect because it wouldnt redial otherwise :mad:)

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1202 kbps 693 kbps
Line Attenuation 62.0 db 38.0 db
Noise Margin 5.4 db 8.0 db

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online