Tape Backup problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lyrical

Hey guys,

I have to restore some tape backup for a server and have run into a few problems.

I have two tapes that were run through the backup consecutivly. The person that put the second tape in did not nopoll the tape, and it has a different date on it than the first one. So when I try to look at the tapes it brings up the first one dated 11/29 and asks for the second tape for 11/29. Since the other tape was not nopolled it has a different date on it, and the backup program spits it back out.

I need to be able to look at the tapes individually. Any ideas? There are multiple backups on each tape, so each tape may have 10 separate backups, while the two tapes together only share one backup. What can I do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online