1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tapis

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kimmer13, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kimmer13

kimmer13 Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me what tapis.exe is?

2. HuskerDu?

HuskerDu?

Google returned a couple of links.... looks like a french game of some kind?

Partie 4 - [ Translate this page ]
    ... Le logiciel TAPIS.EXE (sur le site du challenge) présente une version électronique
    de ce jeu, avec n=30 ; pour retourner un carton, cliquer « le suivant !!! ...
    perso.wanadoo.fr/ademir.2003/questions/p4/p4.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

[RTF]MENU entrées andouillette d'Arras flambée au genièvre terrine ...
    File Format: Rich Text Format - View as HTML
    ... Le logiciel TAPIS.EXE (sur le site du challenge) présente une version électronique
    de ce jeu, avec n=30 ; pour retourner un carton, cliquer " le suivant !!! ...
    perso.wanadoo.fr/ademir.2003/tele/c_maquettepdf.rtf - Similar pages
    [ More results from perso.wanadoo.fr ]

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 2 already displayed.
    If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

3. kimmer13

kimmer13 Thread Starter

yes, i tried the search engines too, but don't speak french so i can't decipher it. I have a customer who, when trying to change her default printer, is occasionally getting an error referring to TAPIS.EXE.

can anyone confirm what this is - remnant of a game, a virus, ??
    (Norton AV shows the pc to be clean)

4. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    LOL!! Tapis in French means Carpet!!!:D :D

I downloaded and read the .rtf file indicated at that site. Most of it pertains to French cooking. The part about tapis.exe is indeed refering to an online game {"Site Challenge"). I can see no connection to printers.

I cannot find any reference to this .exe file and it is not listed on Pacs-Portal. I believe it is either a harmless game file or, at worse, part of a trojan. It doesn't seem to be a file associated with Win98se.

5. kimmer13

kimmer13 Thread Starter

Thanks much for the help!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice