1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Targus DEFCON Fingerprint Authenticator

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ChuckFran, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ChuckFran

ChuckFran Thread Starter

Is anyone familiar with this finger print scanner and how to use it. The install disk that came with it is only for working with some larger install program that did not come with it. I'm really lost here. Anyone have one and feel they could help direct me? Please?

2. norton850

norton850

Have you cruised the Targus web site?

3. ddockstader

ddockstader

I don't have one of these, although I was considering it for a project I was working on. But as I understand it, it should be a self-contained package. What bigger install program is it requesting? This thing works with notebooks and desktops and goes from Window98 up through WinXP. So whatever is missing should be on that CD somewhere. Can you give us some more details? Thanks.

4. ChuckFran

ChuckFran Thread Starter

I think I may have figured it out. The finger print scanner I purchased only cimes with basic drivers and a calibration program. It requires a separate security program to run, Targus suggests omnipass, which retails at $39.99.

What I purcahse is designed for company networks, where they already own the software and just need more finger print scanners.

I got ripped off and unless Targus gives me a copy of Onmipass(i DID find something on thier website saying that they would upgrade the software for free on xp, but the page looked like an old faq and the support email didn't work anymore) I'll have to shell out the $40 or sell the unit on ebay.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice