1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task Bar -- Advanced

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AocPro, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AocPro

AocPro Thread Starter

I am trying to remove items from both the left and right sides of the Widows taskbar which normally appears at the bottom of the Windows Screen.

All advice and tips so far indicate that I can remove the program icons by going to the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties > Advanced Tab > then click on the "Advanced" button to remove the task bar programs.

I get the following message: "Access to Specified device, path, or file is denied"

?????Confused. How do you delete all the junk icons that install themselves on your taskbar?????

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

Right click on a blank area of the taskbar, go to properties untick "Show quick Launch " to remove all items on the left then select customize and under Behaviour click on whatever programs you want to hide and set their behaviour to Always Hide.

EvileYe.

3. EvileYe

EvileYe

Apart from that, some programs you install have an option to show or hide the taskbar icons.

I don't know what programs you currently have displayed on your taskbar ?

EvileYe.

4. Tushman

Tushman Banned

That's not quite correct. That controls what programs/folders appear on your Start Menu, not your taskbar.

If you are referring to the the quick launch bar, simply R-click on the icon you want to delete, select Delete. Depending on your user account privileges, you may not be able to delete them - you should be logged in as the administrator.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice