task bar problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdemnyan1116

Recently, my firewall and icons for the computer in the taskbar, next to the clock, seem to dissappear once in a while. No problem, they both do this at the same time. I just go to start, properties, taskbar, customize. They are reset to hide when not in use, I always have them to allways show. Yes, I do hit O.K. then apply which they show up then. No viruses on system, ran every check possible. Any ideas? Not a real problem just annoying once in a while.

jdemnyan1116

They are the Norton Firewall Icon and the Local Area Connection icons ( the two little computers at the bottom) Seems like when you go off the internet, ( I have dial-up), they both go away at the same time.

Got the same problem today, weird!
The icons on the taskbar for the programs that are running have dissapeared all the sudden...

valis

jdemnyan1116 said:
They are the Norton Firewall Icon and the Local Area Connection icons ( the two little computers at the bottom) Seems like when you go off the internet, ( I have dial-up), they both go away at the same time.
well, those are both necessary for internet use, and only internet use, so that could be why. If you are using xp, you could rt-click on an empty space on your taskbar, click properties, click the taskbar tab, and untick the 'hide icons' button at the bottom. If you were feeling adventurous, you could click customize and go in and tell windows what to and what not to hide, and when to do it.

Having said that, I must qualify it by stating that the customize function does not always work as advertised.

v

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online