1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task manager and Godzilla

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fugmonkey, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fugmonkey

fugmonkey Thread Starter

Could anyone give me advice, would be gratefully recieved?

I recently found the 'Hacked by Godzilla message' on the blue bar of Internet explorer.

In accordance with advice that i sought i attempted to delete the ms32dd and autorun.inf files, the files on c:/ and my external were deleted happily enough, but the c:/windows versions wouldnt delete as the processes were running.

So this is where my problem occurs, I opened up the task manager in order to delete the processes, BUT... the task manager does not seem fully functional. It seems to lack the tabs on the top half that are usually there and I am unable to navigate from the 'programs' bit of task manager. thus rendering me unable to halt the processes, and so unable to get rid of ms32dll etc.

I have been really perplexed by this, can anyone help

thanks alot

fugmonkey

2. spudnik

spudnik

try booting to safe mode and removing it that way.

all else fails, post a hijackthis log here.

3. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

4. fugmonkey

fugmonkey Thread Starter

thanks double clicking the task manger walls has done it, does anyone know why it defaults without the tab?

5. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

usually it doesn't 'default' at all, it's supposed to 'remember' the last setting

post a hijackthis log file here.

6. Rezabecca

Rezabecca

I am new at all this. I need some information on where to start to check for problems with the speed of my PC. Should I be concerned about cookies?
    Thank you in advance for any help I receive.
    Rez

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/581455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice