1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task manager not ending processes..HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lost1980, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lost1980

lost1980 Thread Starter

Hi all

I have no idea whats wrong with my laptop, and each time internet explorer crasheds, or firefox crashes, i cant do anything. Laptop slows down, or freezes, i go to task manager to end these processes, but they dont end, and i do it from the applications tab as well as processes :S :S :S sometimes 2 of the same application shows on the applications tab, both not repsonding, and it doesnt endddddddd..i have to shut down my laptop the non safe way eevery half hour i think , as this happens every half hour...please helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp :eek:

2. hrlow2

hrlow2

A little info on your machine would help a great deal.
    Make and model, amount of RAM installed, what OS is being used.
    How many processes or programs are running?

3. lost1980

lost1980 Thread Starter

Hiya...

Its a dell laptop - inspiron 1501
    AMD turion tm 64 Mobile
    1.99Ghz
    448MB ram
    56GB HD
    Windows xp

51 processes are running

4. hrlow2

hrlow2

Your RAM could stand some improvement. What is showing is barely adequate for XP, especially while doing several things at once. If possible, install more to at least double the current amount.
    51 running processes? I currently have only 23 and that includes firewall, network interface, antispyware, browser. I would guess that there are quite a few on yours that could be trimmed off. That would increase your boot speed a great deal.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

That sounds more like a bad hard drive even though the memory is insufficient also.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice