1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task Manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xCensored, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xCensored

xCensored Banned Thread Starter

2 hours ago I had viruses and my task manager has been disabled. So, as usual, I would re-install everything from recovery cd that would fix all the problems. After I did that which is now, I'm still disabled by administrator? I'm already logged in as Administrator and there's no other accounts except guess. Should I upload a HI-Jack log?

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

3. xCensored

I'll try in a second

4. xCensored

Thanks bro :)

5. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

xCensored, If the problrm is fixed you could mark this thread as "Solved" at the top of your first post. Thanks for posting back.

Tufenuf

6. xCensored

Looks like it appears again.

After I went through those settings in my gpedit.msc, they were already at "not configured". So when I went to apply, I could then access my task manager and registry. After I reboot though, it shows up again, the error. So, I just re-installed my whole OS, and it's fixed... for a bit. After like 20 mins online, I get the same error! WTF?

Edit::
    I can do the methods once and then once I'm in the task manager and I exit, and I try to go back to it, I get the error. At times before when I did a system installation OS on regular basis, I never got this error. Should I do a virus scan on my computer?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice