1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task Scheduler needed

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Speakersrock, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speakersrock

Speakersrock Thread Starter

Hi all,
    Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Okay, I need some advise please;
    I am working on setting up network load balancing for my server, in such a way that when server 1 become busy over say 70% CPU, it switches on server 2. Then if server 1 stay at 70% or increases for more than 15mins, it switches on server 3, and so on.
    Obviously, I then need a system in reverse which switches them back down.

I think I now have a batch file which can wake the server on lan. And I also have one which can put it back into standby. - This is great, but I need something to do it automatically.

---Bottom line----
    I think all I need now is a task scheduler which will monitor the cpu/ or network traffic, and execute programs continually.

The only problem is, the only ones I can find have two major problems;
    -They will only allow one instance to run(so I can run the program again which is setup in reverse to standby the servers)
    -The task only runs once, one run, it is disabled until I manually tell it to run again.

Can anyone please suggest a program which can do what I need, and avoid the two problems I stated above??

Any suggestions are much welcomed, Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice