1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task Scheduler won't run. CPU at constant 100%

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by geriragan, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geriragan

geriragan Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 3932 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 3 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (98 GB Free); E: 298 GB (268 GB Free);
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NBWAA
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled
    I need to defrag my laptop but it has a popup that says "Disk Defragmenter cannot start because the task scheduler is not running. Start the task scheduler service and try again." I went to the task scheduler and it says "The remote computer is not found" This page also says under the Task Status "Reading data failed". Under the Active Tasks it says "Active tasks are tasks that are currently enabled and not expired." and "Reading data failed".

On the right hand side of the page are different options to use. The only option that is clickable is "Connect to another computer, AT Service Account Configuration, View, Refresh, and Help."

I dont know what remote computer its talking about. I have never been able to defrag this computer since a new hard drive was installed 3 years ago. I can clean up the disk and thats it.
    Help, my computer is so slow and needs to be defraged. I do recall that at one time i was having trouble with a program running correctly and was going to let the tech support help me fix the problem but didnt do it. Is it possible that has something to do with it?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    We don't know what your computing habits are and what's installed in your laptop, but one of the main reasons why it's running slow is because it has a very weak processor.

Capture.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------

What's the model name and complete model number of that Toshiba?
    (2 sets of characters separated by a dash comprises the complete model number)

I'm guessing it's a Toshiba Satellite L450/L455 model laptop.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice