1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task Scheduler

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Woogi, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woogi

Woogi Thread Starter

Ok here's my problem. I created a batch file that does nothing but copy a specific folder from one of our servers to another at 4:30am every day. It ran perfectly for a few weeks and I checked on it today and for the past few weeks it hasn't been running properly. If I run the batch file on its own it copies the folder fine. I deleted the task and remade it with the same result. I have made sure that the task scheduler is running and that it also has the part to enable ues of the desktop or something in Manage Computer/Services/Task Scheduler. It is set up to execute under the administrator account which is always logged into the server. I have 2 other scheduled tasks, one of which shuts an application down and the other restarts it. Both have worked fine since I sent up all the tasks. I'm at a total loss as to why it stopped working, why I can't get it to work now, and why the batch file runs fine when I execute it by myself. Any suggestions? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice