1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Task SR: The Task Image is corrupted, or has been tampered with.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by maxhammer, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxhammer

maxhammer Thread Starter

Hi,

The task is opening Task Scheduler, it opens up but give the error Task SR: The Task Image is corrupted, or has been tampered with.
    What is the Task Image? what does that error message mean? is it just the task itself?
    I assume that means that the System Restore is corrupted, if that is the case then I will not be able to use System Restore.
    There are System Restore points saved, but I have not tested them to see if they work.
    I am also running a Shadow Copy but under file properties, it does not show previous versions, so does that mean that is not working.
    I assume all of these things are connected, please confirm.
    I have read this formula, in one of the forums and that is.
    That I go into regedit, and follow this tree.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKS\SYSTEMRESTORE\SR
    I SHOULD DELETE THAT TASK, AND THAT WILL RECTIFY THE ERROR.
    Can someone tell me if that works, and if I do delete that task how do I re-create it again?
    I am very afraid of messing about in REGEDIT, as I do not have a lot of experience.
    What will happen to my current restore points, that I have?
    Do I delete them as well and start again, if so how do I delete them?
    If I switch off system Restore and then switch it back on again, does that delete all the system restore points?
    To be honest I am not confident that my current restore points will work work anyway, with getting that error message.
    If I do get problems in the future, I would like System Resore to fall back on.
    I would appreciate the help
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!