Taskbar icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rletter

I applied the two MS patches today like a good boy. After rebooting, I do not show the small quick launch icons in the lower left of the task-bar for OE,IE, win-media. This is not a big deal but I have looked at start/settings/task-bar and cannot find a place to reinstate the missing icons.
Thanks much.

Right click on the Start button
Click Properties
Click taskbar tab
Click Show Quick Launch
Click Apply
Click Ok

rletter

There is no Properties on right click of Start. There is if you right click on the task bar but I cannot find a "show quick launch". Looking at Win2k help it says to right click on vacant place on the task bar and add them.
As I said this occurred after installing the latest patch from MS on IE.

Make sure the task bar is not locked. That might have something to do with it. I checked by right clicking the taskbar/properties and there it was, show quick launch. I have installed the most recent patches from MS so....interesting situation.

here is the path for the quicklaunch

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Add items to this directory....then tell me

you need to right on the taskbar itself, not on the start menu, or the clock. Find an empty spot on the taskbar and you'll see the menu you seek.

rletter

I tried this to begin with-didn't work. I have now played around with it and the quciklaunch icons DO show up but now in the middle of the bar not on the left had side. Tried to move them but won't move. O well they are there and things are working OK. Thanks.

Now make sure that the task bar is not locked. If they aren't moving it sounds like the taskbar is locked.

It should be right there when you right click on a vacant spot of the taskbar. You might want to try looking around in the control panel under Taskbar and Start Menu.

rletter

Right clicking on a vacant spot and then picking "toolbars" then "quicklaunch". I do not see a "lock". Explored the control panel and could not find any such tasks. Sorry to be so dense.
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online