Taskmanager on taskbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdemnyan1116

I have windows XP home edition and would like to know if there is a way to put task manager on the taskbar so that it comes on with the computer starts. Would like to keep an eye on the percentage of usage my programs use on the cpu? I know it goes there if you click it on, and then minimize it.:confused:

You could put an entry in the run key in the registry to run taskmgr.exe when you log on. Use HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/run.

you may be able to put taskmgr.exe in your startup folder so it will start when the pc boots. go to options and choose hide when minimized and it will put it in your systray. taskmgr eats up a chunk of cpu so you may want to be wary of running it all the time

I'd suggest running perfmon (performance monitor) as opposed to task manager. Click start, run, perfmon and from within the new window right click in the grey window on the right and select "add counters". On the pop up window under "performance object" select each component that you'd like to monitor and customize from there. When you're through running the test(s), right click on the counter(s) and select "save as" and you can export to an HTML or "report" file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online