1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Taskmgr, IE7 and misc won't start + HJT Report

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by icer101, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icer101

icer101 Thread Starter

Hello People :)

Problems encountered are:

- Task manager won't run.

- IE7 won't run. (I click on the shortcut and the hourglass appears for a short while and disappears without opening IE7)

- Sometimes, I have noticed with my Adobe software, ast times, doesn't start, or doesn't do what it is supposed to.
    for example;
    * Photoshop wouldn't resize images
    * Bridge wouldn't start up at all just today​

Also, I tried downloading an image resizer, and found a free software called FastStone image resizer. This also failed to start.

- It takes AGES to log off, at times.

- My pc lags considerably. I am seriously contemplating reformatting, but dread doing so.

Here is the HJT report, I hope someone can help.

If anything else needs to be answered, please ask, I will answer with as much information as I can.

Thank you and kind regards.

2. icer101

icer101 Thread Starter

One other thing...

I can't adjust my date/time settings in the System Tray (or from anywhere else for that matter).

Also, even though my settings are set for Australia (where I live, "Oi, oi, oi! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!"), whenever I visit YouTube for example, it puts uk. before Youtube.

So what should normally be au.youtube.com now instead reads as uk.youtube.com???

Please help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice