Taunting Reboots

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

quarinteen

Hi, does anyone know if there is any harm in exchanging a 250w psu with a 300w on a pentium III slot 1 650mhz. thank you.

quarinteen

Well all of a sudden my machine just started rebooting at random. I swapped out the hard drive with one that is running windows 2003 server too see if it was a possible software problem and it rebooted so i then cleaned the board and all of the fans nothing, got a BIOS flash for giggles nothing, replaced the memory and the video card nothing replaced the cpu nothing so now i am down to the psu and the board it is one of the 2 I beleive. I have mother board monitor and my core 0 voltage keeps fluxing between 1.48 and 1.68 volts. so i decided to buy a new psu but i cant find any 250w psu's at a good price but I found a couple of 300w at pricewatch.com and I cant recall if it is ok to swap them.

qt,

You could put a 1000W power supply in there and it would not hurt anything as long as the output voltages are correct.

quarinteen

also what voltage should it be set at?? I currently have it set to 7.0 volts which I just did but its been set at 6.5 volts and it goes all the way p to 8.5 I have it set at ratio 3x frequency 100/33

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
quarinteen said:
also what voltage should it be set at?? I currently have it set to 7.0 volts which I just did but its been set at 6.5 volts and it goes all the way p to 8.5 I have it set at ratio 3x frequency 100/33

Voltage for what? If there is an defualt/auto use that option.

I predict Blue Smoke on the horizon...and it won't be the Indians signaling! :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online