1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Taxcut or Turbo Tax

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Shamrock, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

Is anybody using either Taxcut or Turbo Tax on the web? Wondering which is better/easier.

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi Shamrock:

I haven't used either but you may want to read THIS

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I use Taxcut, and it's worked well for a number of years for me. I used TurboTax about 10 years ago, and two years running they couldn't properly print to my LJ-II, probably the most common printer in use at the time! I switched to TaxCut, and never looked back. In addition, TaxCut is a bit cheaper, at least for now. :)

That's interesting stuff about the "extras" that come with TurboTax! :mad:

4. slipe

slipe

I’ve used TurboTax for several years but plan to switch to TaxCut this year. I think the C DILLA isn’t really spyware but is there to make sure your go through their product activation and to try to prevent your copying the CD and passing it around. I don’t mind copy protections – even though that one seems intrusive.

But product activation is something we are going to have to nip in the bud by voting with our wallets. As I said in the thread pyritechips linked, I’m voting with my wallet. I don’t want to have complications transferring data around without Intuit’s permission and I certainly don’t want to support the product activation trend.

It won’t make any difference working online. We are just using your thread to continue our rant. I would use whichever is cheaper. They both work fine.

5. ronningfamily

ronningfamily

A trained monkey can do their taxes with this great program!!

Turbo Tax Rocks!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice