Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbug

842 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Frank4d 
#1 ·
Recently, my computer was frozen...I pressed ctrl, alt delete (I know I should not have but I did)...my computer began working but now the task bar and all icons have shifted 90 degrees to the left and are now in a vertical position. I cannot restore computer to a previous point to clear it and cannot find any way to shift it back to the horizontal position. This includes the cursor and everything. We have to lay the monitor on its side to view. Help!!! Any suggestions other than getting a new computer????

#3 ·
Crt-Alt-Del normally just brings up the Task Manager.

If it were just the task bar, starting in safe mode may reset it. But it sounds like more may be at play since you say even the cursor is sideways plus there are no restore points or if there are they don't work.

But it's worth a try to start with so reboot and continuously tap the F8 key before Windows loads. When you see the boot option screen then select Safe mode. Then reboot to normal mode and let us know if it reset to the default position.

#5 ·
Ok, I pressed ctrl alt and the up arrow and alas it worked...but there is one minor adjustment needed....my task bar is still in the left side of the screen. I keep trying to pull it down, but to no avail...any suggestions? And don't suggest a computer 101 class....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.