1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

TCP Exploit Discovered, ISPs Scramble to Patch It

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xcelent, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcelent

xcelent Banned Thread Starter

Today in the newspaper, the Federal Security Berau (or whatever it is :p), warned the public of a recent TCP exploit that could be used to cause ISPs to go offline as long as the attack lasted. ISPs are scrambling to patch up the problem and at this time it seems the effects, if any will be at a minimum since patches are being applied quickly. Read the full story here: http://informationweek.securitypipeline.com/news/18902519

2. AlbertB

AlbertB

Thanks for the note Xcelent. I wondered why I had been losing my e-mail capability so much over the past few days. Constant "Your server has terminated the session"! Clara.net have been doing some frantic maintenance so they say. Or were they just hit by the problem and don't want to own up to it? Internet is a darned good description of the thing, a load of holes kept together with string!

On a similar note, I was at a security course recently, and they had reports there of a coming crisis. They say that virus attacks have been light over the past year or so because our systems have been quietly prepared for a virus which will link up infected machines across the world in the manner of one huge nasty network. Sounds too bad to be true but the guys at Clearswift were taking it very seriously. They're expecting it to kick off some time this year.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice