TCP/IP internal error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hoser

So I have my friends computer which is a Dell Dimension 8100 that he just upgraded from Windows ME to XP w/service pack 2 just recently. It was fine for a few days but, now im not able to connect to the internet. When I try IPCONFIG I come back with this error "an internal error occured: the request is not supported please contact microsoft support services for future help. Additional information: unable to query host name."

TCP/IP is intalled I ran microsofts anti spyware and it came back with a few things nothing that really alarmed me. I used Netsh to try to rebuild tcp/ip stack that really didnt seem to work. I also ran lspfix and win2fix.exe. Still nothing; im pretty sure it has something to do with TCP/IP because i tried my dial-up modem and still the same problem. (by the way I have a seperate NIC for DSL)

The only other thing I can really think of trying is to intall another NIC (which I think will not work) and then try repairing the OS.

please any suggestions let me know...

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online