TCP/IP Limit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

morland

Hi,

Have done a fresh install of XP Pro SP3 and have the latest updates as of yesterday. I noticed the following error in the event viewer

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Tcpip
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4226
Date: 19-Apr-10
Time: 8:21:02 PM
Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ...

I did a google before this posting and got a bit confused after reading the comments at the following URL.
Code:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1246416&page=1
Is the following solution safe?
Code:
http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497
Thanks

morland

Admin, can u pls delete this post. Unintentionally and by mistake i ended up posting a similar question recently and had totally forgotten about this post. I am very sorry for this mistake and i know this as against the norms.

Admin, can u pls delete this post. Unintentionally and by mistake i ended up posting a similar question recently and had totally forgotten about this post. I am very sorry for this mistake and i know this as against the norms.
You can either delete both posts yourself, making this one look a bit silly, or click on Report to ask the Mods to do it for you.

morland

Thanks. LOL did not know about that feature. Have requested the mods...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online