tcp/ip protocol installer workaround?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digitalboy91

Hi
Im wondering if you all can help me

I just installed Win 2k and I am wondering if you can help me

I ran some diagnostics and concluded that I have to install a tc/ip protocol
I goto install these and get the error: something something something The error is the specified module could not be found. (Were something is, its just saying that the installation could not continue)

I had a troublesome installation of Win2k but it is functioning normally.

Is it possible to get these protocols on a disk and if so could you post the site here?

I am writing this from another computer so I wont be able to respond for a couple days.

this is what happened in the installation:

It could not copy files:
mfc42u.dll
mlang.dll
mlang.dat
mmc.exe
mmc_w.chm
mmsys.cpl
mrxsmb.sys
msadds32.ax

I got an error:
"Could not load the installer for MEDIA"
"Unable to install Java plackages from C:\windows\Java\classes\xmldso.cab"
"Unable to install Java plackages from C:\windows\Java\classes\dajava.cab"

Remarkably with all of these errors the computer runs ok. I get the occasional error once and a while but am still not able to connect to the internet.

I think I will try and download all of the missing files and if it doesnt install
the protocol then I will do a clean install (I upgraded last time).

Also is there a program out there which installs the tcp/ip protocol by itself not requiring any system files. I doubt there is but if there is could you let me know.

Thx in advance
Digitalboy91

Whoops, didnt see the internet section could an admin move it?
Sorry

digitalboy91 said:
Hi
Im wondering if you all can help me

I just installed Win 2k and I am wondering if you can help me

I ran some diagnostics and concluded that I have to install a tc/ip protocol
I goto install these and get the error: something something something The error is the specified module could not be found. (Were something is, its just saying that the installation could not continue)

I had a troublesome installation of Win2k but it is functioning normally.

Is it possible to get these protocols on a disk and if so could you post the site here?

I am writing this from another computer so I wont be able to respond for a couple days.

this is what happened in the installation:

It could not copy files:
mfc42u.dll
mlang.dll
mlang.dat
mmc.exe
mmc_w.chm
mmsys.cpl
mrxsmb.sys
msadds32.ax

I got an error:
"Could not load the installer for MEDIA"
"Unable to install Java plackages from C:\windows\Java\classes\xmldso.cab"
"Unable to install Java plackages from C:\windows\Java\classes\dajava.cab"

Remarkably with all of these errors the computer runs ok. I get the occasional error once and a while but am still not able to connect to the internet.

I think I will try and download all of the missing files and if it doesnt install
the protocol then I will do a clean install (I upgraded last time).

Also is there a program out there which installs the tcp/ip protocol by itself not requiring any system files. I doubt there is but if there is could you let me know.

Thx in advance
Digitalboy91

Whoops, didnt see the internet section could an admin move it?
Sorry
Hi digitalboy91,

The TCP/IP protocol is part of the OS, so I fail to understand (to be fair you did not explain) your reasoning that concluded that you have to install tcp/ip.

That said, the items you listed were mostly application extensions, the .chm file is a help file, the .sys file is a system file, and the .exe file is an application.

Was Media the application you were trying to install?

If so, then the website you downloaded from should have some dependencies/requirements like version of Java in order to run it.

Is sounds as if your OS installation is working, so what diagnostics did you run to conclude what you did?

Connecting to the Internet requires an ISP. Do you have an ISP account?

-- Tom

bearone2

Banned
you'll download the missing files, not in this lifetime.
the files are part of the install.

more info required because it depends on the file system you used, fat32 or ntfs, if it was an upgrade or full install.

you might need to format or fdisk to remove/create then format and start again if this was a clean install,

It sounds like your installation CD has some issues, like scratches or dirt? That's the only reason I can think of why the installation couldn't copy those files to your hard drive.

TCP/IP is definitely included in Windows! I'd say you should repair your installation disk (clean and polish it) and try reinstalling.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!