1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tcp/ip

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by twizzie, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Hi,

I've had this "serious system error" for quite a while now and have seeked much help, but still isn't completly put to sleep. I've got what's causing the problem, now I want to terminate it without damaging my system. The system event veiwer in control panel says that about 80% of the error I have is because of a specific file name called "TCP/IP". I went to windows help, and they told me to remove this protocol and then re-install it using the "network" option in Control Panel. But, if I knew how to do this, you wouldn't be reading this right now! I do understand that this is a very basic problem to overcome, and its just a matter of removing and re-installing.

Thanks,
    Twizzie

2. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

Easy Fix, Go To Start>Control Panel>Network Connections, the right click on your LAN Connections>Properties, scroll down to Internet Protocal(TCP/IP)> Uninstall Button>Reinstall Button(may require Windows Disk)

Hope That Helps A Little

Best of Luck

//Daredeval756

3. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Hey there again, I'm the guy with the Flight Sim X question, by the way I JUST placed an order, got a great deal.

Anyway, when I click on it it doesn't allow me to uninstall, should I hit the install button?

4. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

....yup i know

Yes you should

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice