TEAC cd rom CD-224E-NY3 replacement

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newguy2021

i have a TEAC cd rom drive taken from a PianoCD player system with a broken tray that needs to be replaced.
The drive info is:
Model: CD-224e -NY3
Part#: 1977047N-Y3
Serial#: 2284957
Drive Rev: A01
Manufactured: April 2005
Barcode: 0002284957

i see there are plenty of CD-224E drives but none that have the "NY3" model in the name. not sure what that model type is or if there is a compatible replacement i can use instead if that is no longer available. Looking for any help in understanding the model number nomenclature or direction as to what current drive I can purchase today that will work as well.

thx

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That CD-ROM drive is more than 16 years old and uses a flat ribbon type IDE connection.

How old is the computer that it's in, and does its motherboard have SATA connections?

-------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I guess I need more coffee.
I assumed your CD-ROM drive issue had to do with a computer.
I had no idea it had to do with a piano.
Someone else here will need to help you.

--------------------------------------------------

Newguy2021

Really don’t think that will matter. Looking for a compatible or where to find a replacement cd drive. There are plenty of CD-224E drives but they have different model numbers at the end like Cd-224E-DO1 or others where as my has NY3. Not sure what they NY3 designation means in the model number as I suspect that will help me determine the right replacement or an alternative that will work as well.

any ideas on the model number nomenclature or a replacement

Couriant

James
if I am right it should be any standard slim cd/dvd player but I can't say for sure if that green bar is an interface or part of the drive. I assume there is a black adapter on one of the edges, similar to this?

1638140399547.png

Newguy2021

Yes, the green interface I can detach from the drive and I can add it in to another.

I guess I am confused as to the different model numbers at the end for the CD-224E. There seem to be many different versions of that model so I assume the NY3 version is supposed to denote some difference from others CD players. any info as to why that may mean in hopes of finding a compatible drive.
Thx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online