1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tech Guy site History links MIA?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Rollin' Rog, Nov 16, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog Thread Starter

I don't know if this issue has been raised before, a quick search of the Comments forum didn't turn up any obvious topics...

But the only History links that seem to be preserved for Tech Support Guy are the "attached file" links.

Anyone else noticed this?

Has it always been that way, or is it due to the recent upgrade?

It occurs in IE4.01 and IE5.01, don't know about the others.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    What happens when you use a History link to a thread? Works fine for me... (IE6)

3. Rollin' Rog

The back button links are there, but there are no forum links stored in History other than the ones for the "attachment" pages which have been accessed. I have IE4.01, but I was asked about the issue by someone with IE5.01.

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I finally found a computer that still had IE5 on it... I think I figured out IE4-5's problem now... lemme know what your results are now.

5. Rollin' Rog

Hey, you got it, it's working! Good job :)

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for letting me know about the problem!

As I once read somewhere, "If I don't know there's a problem, I can't fix it."

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice