1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tech support for parents

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by theknife, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theknife

theknife Thread Starter

hey all...just came back from spending the holiday installing my mom's pc and getting her online. since she is pc illiterate, and because we are in different states, i am anticipating many long nights on the phone with her, since :eek:

so, i'm thinking about how to make this as painless as possible...f'rinstance: i'm wondering how i might set it up so i can access her pc via the internet, in order to intervene remotely and correct anything she might mess up....anything from helping her to edit a photo to runing a spyware scan on her system to changing an option in her browser. even better might be the ability to see her desktop when she's at her pc, in order to walk her through things live on the phone while we are both looking at the same thing. any suggestions how one might do things like this or any other suggestions for this kind of situation?

tia (y)

2. mrdobalina

mrdobalina

windows xp has a built in remote pc thing. there are also programs you can buy that will do the same thing.

3. begohan

begohan

Go to Start>Help & Support then under "Ask for Assistance" it should say: "Invite a friend to connect to your computer using Remote Assistance", then press "Invite someone to help you.", and it should say use Windows Messenger or Outlook Express or your default email on your computer.

This only is for Windows XP. Like the above post said.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/301867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice