1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tech Support Guy Needs a Retrofit!!!

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by i-hate-ms, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. i-hate-ms

i-hate-ms Thread Starter

Am I the only one who finds this website very difficult to navigate, it is not 'intuitive' doesn't make any
    logical flows, not very user friendly. Before you criticize... I was in the computer game as a programmer,
    analyst, and consultant from 1967 until 2001 so I know my way around a screen. Been a PC user since
    1993, have seen a lot of crap designed by a lot of geeks who learned their skills by NOT working with
    end users. Best software ever....QUICKEN by Intuit, and WINDOWS 7 (64).... who thought Microsoft could
    do anything right! All happened when Gates gave up control!!

Comments????

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I feel that it is one of the BEST organized sites.
    Give us a link or two to some that are great in your terms?

3. Bernardo

Bernardo

Yep, GOOGLE.

Then again....that may say it all..................

4. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Obviously a joke.

5. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    What makes it so difficult for you? TechGuy is willing to listen to improvements...

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Everyone has their own opinions on these -- even if you make something easier for most people, there will certainly be others who find it more difficult. User interface design is tricky that way -- especially on the web. But, as mentioned, I'm always open to suggestions! There have been a lot of changes on this site as the result of user suggestions. :)

7. Bernardo

Bernardo

(y) :)

8. Hughv

Hughv

Yeah, you should have a guide...oh, never mind...
    http://www.techguy.org/welcome.html
    I've never had a serious problem with the interface, and a little reading has solved any difficulties. Help with same is readily available via the forums.

9. win2kpro

win2kpro

You seem to forget the two most stable MS operating systems (Windows 2000 Professional and XP) were developed and released when Gates had control.

10. sflwebguy

sflwebguy

I am new to this site but I really do not find it at all hard to navigate, I think this might be one of the best I have been to.

11. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    I agree! I'm a member of several other forums and none are as user friendly as TSG, guess it's more a case of different strokes for different folks:)

12. Bernardo

Bernardo

Where do YOU find the time for "several" forums :eek: :p

13. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    Actually, though I'm a member I don't actively post these days, lost interest, prefer to be here amongst friends:)

14. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Back when I was first learning about computers and hyperventilated at everything new, I had some problem that I was trying to find an answer to (don't even remember what it was, now), and thought to search for an answer on the web. I looked up "free tech help" and I remember looking at quite a few tech forum help sites.......I ended up here because this was the easiest website for me (a hyperventilating, complete novice at anything technological!) to navigate and understand how things worked in an online forum situation. :)

That, and the fact that so many here are so experienced and knowledgeable as well as friendly and patient kept me here over the years.

15. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

It has links i press to take me to another page

user friendly enough for moi :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice