1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2 OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by grampsny, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grampsny

grampsny Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop, Windows 7-64bit.
    My WMP11 does the following:
    1. It clones music titles...even in front of my eyes.
    2. Music files disappear.
    3. Titles are now assuming wrong names even though content remains.
    4. My music files come from my Music Library. Those have not changed or cloned..

5. I deleted WMP11 and re-installed...but all the above errors returned.
    6. My Library files are skewed. Music is mixed with Video and with Documents and all around. Why? I dunno.
    7. My music library is around 25GB; but it changes with the losses mentioned in #2 above.
    8. I tried RealPlayer but their format leaves a lot to be desired by me. Also, it keeps requiring Flashplayer and no matter how many time I download it, it asks for it again.
    9. I am 80 years old, not very computer savvy and I'm blessed with Parkinsons. Music is my hobby.
    10. HELP.....PLEASE!

2. Sponsor

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. Phantom010

Any luck with the fix, grampsny?

5. grampsny

grampsny Thread Starter

Thanks for trying to help. Got really really messed up. Did a system restore to recoup additional music losses. Also am thankful for my cruzer and walkman backups. Back to where I started. But I appreciate your attempt to help me.

6. grampsny

grampsny Thread Starter

Any other suggestions? Please?

7. Phantom010

Instead of RealPlayer, you'd be much better off with the VLC Player. It can play almost everything.

Other than that, I don't have many suggestions. Of course, there's always a Windows reinstall...

8. grampsny

grampsny Thread Starter

Thank you for taking the time to help. I prefer WMP because all the album faces are on one page. Windows re-install is out of the question. Too much to back up first. But....THANKS AGAIN.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089240